A big thank you to both The Jolly Beet Root and The Chef and the Waitress for nominating Grow. Cook. Eat. Share. for the Leibster award! I am definitely feeling the love right now! 🙂 I would have nominated you both had you not just received this! You all need to check out their blogs and give them some love! Leibster is a German word, and I’ve heard it described as both “love” and “favorite”. It’s the perfect way to introduce and get to know fellow bloggers just starting out!
The guidelines are as follows:
1. Nominees must link back to the person who nominated them.
2. Nominees must answer the 10 questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominee must nominate 10 other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers. (To find this, go to Reader, then on the right side, click the Edit button on Blogs I Follow; then click on a blog, and it should say how many wordpress followers that blog has.)
4. Nominees must create 10 questions for the new nominees to answer.
5. Visit the nominees blog and notify them about the nomination.
Questions from The Jolly Beet Root
1. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
It encompasses everything I wanted my blog to be about–simply put, gardening, yummy gluten-free food, family, and community!
2. How long ago did you start your blog?
I started my blog at the end of July; so I’ve been at it for almost five months now.
3. Are you a ‘cat-person’ or a ‘dog-person?’
I’d have to say, ‘dog person’, considering that young children are a lot like puppies, and I love my children dearly 🙂
4. What is your favourite colour?
Periwinkle–it’s a blue-ish, lavender-ish color. My favorite flower is the Hydrangea, and they are often this color!
5. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
I believe that God created the world and everything in it, so ‘chicken’ it is.
6. Favourite type of chocolate?
Organic, fair-trade, 70% .
7. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
Maybe an eagle? Caring for young chicks, looking for food all day… That pretty much sums up my life right now 🙂
8. What is your favourite song and who is it by?
‘Home’, by Chantal Kreviazuk. I walked down the isle to marry the love of my life to this song 🙂
9. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
I would be the Hunger Avenger, to seek out, and destroy world hunger!
10. What are three interesting facts about yourself?
I have been changing diapers for (almost) nine years, I have a thing for antique china (dishes), and I love listening to jets take off (even though I’m scared of flying).
Questions from The Chef and The Waitress
1. What is your favourite food?
I really love Indian food (as we know it in our part of the world). I love the rich tomato based curries, and all of the herbs and spices used. Everything is so fragrant and flavorful! I love the flavor of cumin, and include it in a lot of my cooking at home too.
2. City, suburbia or country?
I live in suburbia right now, and would love to have a bit more dirt to call my own. Just enough for a little hobby farm on the outskirts of town.
3. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Definitely a night owl!
4. What is your favourite kind of cheese?
Brie, slightly melted, with a cranberry chutney on top of a crisp cracker. Mmm, I think I know what I’m snacking on tonight! 🙂
5. If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would you have?
I would love to have a wall sized tank full of jelly fish with the twisty, twirly tentacles, all back-lit, like you find in aquariums. They look like they are in a continual ballet.
6. What would your autobiography be called?
Possibly the same name as my blog, Grow. Cook. Eat. Share. Food and family are my passions, and I love sharing what I’ve learned along the way.
7. If your life is a movie, what genre would it be in?
Romantic comedy, played by much more romantic, comical actors.
8. If you could explore the bottom of the ocean or outer space, which would you choose?
Yikes, I’m a bit closterphobic, so both thoughts freak me out a little. I’d go with bottom of the ocean, and see what kind of creatures I might discover!
9. Sweet or savoury?
Savoury. Even though I love sweets, I seem to need to eat something salty after I eat something sweet.
10. Which would you prefer, ice-cream flavoured poo or poo flavoured ice-cream?
What kind of question is this! 🙂 I guess I’m going to have to go with ice-cream flavored poo, but I’m not happy about it! 🙂
(My apologies on the spacing; it seems not to be cooperating right now!)
Grow. Cook. Eat. Share. Nominees
Grow. Cook. Eat. Share. Questions
What is your favorite restaurant and why?
What do you do when you’re not in the garden and /or kitchen?
Do you have any food traditions that you will be celebrating this Christmas? (If so, what.)
Baking or cooking (and why)?
How would you describe your region’s local food scene?
How would you describe your style of cooking?
Introvert or extravert?
What is one of your favorite childhood food memories?
If you could have anyone sit down at your table and eat your food, who would it be?
If you could give one tip to a home cook starting out in the kitchen, what would it be?